This Tappan’s Handbook of Massage Therapy: Blending Art with Science 6th Edition by Patricia Benjamin Ph.D. (Author) is suitable for students to read. Published on March 26, 2015, by Pearson, this book has sold well.
With a total of 816 pages, the contents of this 6th edition are more complete than before. Print and digital versions are available as an option provided by the book publisher.
It’s not enough just to read the reviews. After reading this book review, you should immediately buy this book with online or cash payment methods.
Here we present a synopsis of the book for you to read.
We found this information from a page on the internet.
Prepare massage therapists for success with a next-generation learning tool
Successful massage therapists excel at blending the art and science of the profession. Tappan’s Handbook of Massage Therapy: Blending Art and Science is a learning tool for a new generation, but it results from years of experience, wisdom, and research on the part of the author and contributing therapists. This pioneering book in massage therapy provides the foundation, guidance, and the know-how that students need to master the essential task of blending art with science.
The new Sixth Edition is an all-inclusive text for massage therapy students that moves beyond technique to encompass expanded foundational learning and professional and personal development, massage techniques, and career and practice development. With its logical format and compelling visuals, students will gain practical knowledge of the techniques and skills they need to become outstanding massage therapists.
Wait a minute, before you decide to buy, please see the table of contents below.
Table of Content
- Part I Foundations
- Chapter 1 Healing Massage–A Wellness Perspective
- Chapter 2 A History of Massage
- Chapter 3 The Effects and Benefits of Massage
- Chapter 4 Clinical Applications of Massage
- Chapter 5 Endangerment Sites, Contraindications, Cautions
- Chapter 6 Guidelines for Giving Massage
- Part II Western Massage
- Chapter 7 Western Massage Techniques
- Chapter 8 Joint Movements
- Chapter 9 Full-Body Western Massage
- Chapter 10 Regional Applications of Massage–Upper Body
- Chapter 11 Regional Applications of Massage–Lower Body
- Chapter 12 Hydrotherapy/Thermal Therapy
- Part III Contemporary Massage and bodywork
- Chapter 13 Myofascial Massage
- Chapter 14 Trigger Point Therapy
- Chapter 15 Lymphatic Facilitation
- Chapter 16 Reflexology
- Chapter 17 Polarity Therapy
- Part IV Forms of Asian Bodywork
- Chapter 18 Asian Bodywork Therapy–Theory
- Chapter 19 Acupressure Massage Integration
- Chapter 20 Qi Gong for Self-Care
- Part V Special Populations
- Chapter 21 Sports and Fitness
- Chapter 22 Mother and Child
- Chapter 23 Healthy Aging
- Chapter 24 Terminally Ill and Dying
- Chapter 25 Seated Massage in the Workplace
- Appendix A 25 Forms of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- Appendix B Organizations and Publications
- Appendix C Massage Licensing Laws in North America
- Appendix D Performance Evaluation Forms
- Appendix E Health History Forms
- Appendix F List of Figures and Tables
- Appendix G References and Additional Resources
- Interactive Glossary
- Publisher : Pearson; 6e (March 26, 2015)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 816 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0134082699
- ISBN-13 : 978-0134082691
- Item Weight : 3.3 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.4 x 1.2 x 10.8 inches
Many students are already accustomed to reading digital books. Is this book available in digital format? We don’t know for sure.
You should try to search on the internet. Usually, there are internet users who upload PDFs for free download. However, there is no guarantee that the contents are as complete as the printed edition. There’s nothing wrong with you trying it.
Shop Reference Buy This Book
Book shopping is now very easy. You can shop for books online. Some of the bookstores we recommend are listed below.
1. Amazon Store
is an American multinational technology venture based in Seattle, Washington, focused on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and production intelligence. At first, the Amazon company only sold books until now. You can buy any book on Amazon, including books that are currently under review.
2. eBay Store
One of them is an online auction blog that allows people from all over the world to buy and sell products and services. Of all the goods and services that are traded, books are one of the products.
3. Walmart Store
is an American company that runs a chain of department stores. According to data from the 2008 Fortune Global 500, Wal-Mart is the world’s largest public company by revenue. You can find the books you need in this company.
We thank you for your presence on this blog. Hopefully, this Tappan’s Handbook of Massage Therapy 6th Edition review will be useful for the readers. Do not let you forget to decide to buy.