Professional Nursing: Concepts and Challenges 9th Edition (9e), pdf, ebook, and download by Beth Black Ph.D. RN FAAN (Author) will teach you the latest professional nursing practice to have a positive impact on your career. Come discover what it means to be a professional nurse, with its history, values, and standards, as well as a commitment to lifelong learning.
The easy-to-read content of this book helps students gain insight into the current state of the profession and benefit from a thorough examination of standards and scope of practice, with new information on the Affordable Care Act, real-life interview narratives, coverage of social justice in nursing, transitions to professional practice, health care delivery systems, future challenges for the nursing profession. and much more.
Supported with valuable learning aids throughout this text include case studies, cultural challenges, evidence-based practice, critical thinking, interviews, professional profiles, historical notes, nursing research, and ideas for further exploration.
From the Amazon page, we found additional information to help you make a decision to buy this book.
- Professional Profiles boxes provide prospective from nurses in the field.
- Case Study boxes feature scenarios involving relevant issues in inpatient care.
- Considering Culture boxes highlight the impact of culture in regards to a nurse’s role and responsibilities and the patient’s healthcare experience.
- Evidence-based Practice boxes identify leading findings in nursing topics and trends.
- Nurses Doing Research boxes highlight problems identified in patient care and the ongoing efforts to find patient interventions.
- Interview narratives explore the issues like culture and faith from the perspectives of leaders in those fields.
- Discussions on the implications of social media on nursing, including ethics and boundaries.
- Historical Notes highlight little-known stories of heroism in the nursing profession.
- Key terms are bolded where defined in the text.
- A Glossary is included at the end of the text.
- Learning outcomes are presented at the chapter openings.
- Concepts and Challenges and Ideas for Further Exploration at the end of the chapters help you to review and test prep.
Publisher : Saunders; 9th edition (September 18, 2019)
Language : English
Paperback : 416 pages
ISBN-10 : 0323551130
ISBN-13 : 978-0323551137
Item Weight : 1.45 pounds
Dimensions : 7.5 x 0.5 x 9.2 inches
Table of Contents
1. Nursing in Today’s Evolving Health Care Environment
2. The History and Social Context of Nursing
3. Nursing’s Pathway to Professionalism
4. Nursing Education in an Evolving Health Care Environment
5. Becoming a Professional Nurse: Defining Nursing and Socialization into Practice
6. Nursing as a Regulated Practice: Legal Issues
7. Ethics: Basic Concepts for Professional Nursing Practice
8. Conceptual and Philosophical Foundations of Professional Nursing Practice
9. Nursing Theory: The Basis for Professional Nursing
10. The Science of Nursing and Evidence-Based Practice
11. Developing Nursing Judgment Through Critical Thinking
12. Communication and Collaboration in Professional Nursing
13. Nurses, Patients, and Families: Caring at the Intersection of Health, Illness, and Culture
14. Health Care in the United States
15. Political Activism in Nursing: Communities, Organizations, Government
16. Nursing Challenge: To Continue to Evolve
Where to Buy Books
It’s not enough just to read this short Professional Nursing: Concepts & Challenges 9th Edition review. We recommend that you buy it immediately at an existing Bookstore, such as Amazon, eBay or others.
You only need to provide enough money and time to order online through an application on your cellphone. Order books that suit your learning needs and don’t make mistakes. The books sold are divided into print and digital editions.
If you order a digital edition, usually the format is in the form of pdf, ebook, epub, kindle which can be downloaded for free continuously if you have made a payment to the bookstore. They will give you an access link.
Finally, we thank you for coming to our blog. Submit suggestions and criticisms to us.