Table of Contents
Chemical engineering is definitely not an easy subject for most people. In fact, a lot of students in this discipline will also say the same thing. Luckily, there is a book named Perry’s Chemical Engineers’ Handbook 9th Edition, pdf, mobi, epub, kindle, and free download by Don W. Green & Marylee Z. Southard that will help us.
This book is widely used as a learning resource in the field of this difficult discipline. It provides extensive knowledge on various subjects, including thermodynamics, heat transfer, and process design. Though it sounds difficult, the authors manage to explain it in a simple and even enjoyable way.
The ninth edition of the handbook was first published in 2008. Since then, this book has been regarded as one of the most comprehensive and up-to-date resources available. Professionals and students alike around the world even use this book as standard reference.
Table of Contents
Unit Conversion Factors and Symbols
- Physical and Chemical Data including Prediction and Correlation of Physical Properties
- Mathematics including Differential and Integral Calculus, Statistics , Optimization
- Heat and Mass Transfer
- Fluid and Particle Dynamics *Reaction Kinetics
- Process Control and Instrumentation
- Process Economics
- Transport and Storage of Fluids
- Heat Transfer Operations and Equipment
- Psychrometry, Evaporative Cooling, and Solids Drying
- Gas Absorption and Gas-Liquid System Design
- Liquid-Liquid Extraction Operations and Equipment
- Adsorption and Ion Exchange
- Gas-Solid Operations and Equipment
- Liquid-Solid Operations and Equipment
- Solid-Solid Operations and Equipment
- Chemical Reactors
- Bio-based Reactions and Processing
- Waste Management including Air ,Wastewater and Solid Waste Management* Process Safety including Inherently Safer Design
- Energy Resources, Conversion and Utilization* Materials of Construction
About of Author
Two experts wrote this outstanding work. They are Dr. Green and Dr. Southard. Dr. Green is a well-known engineer and a passionate educator. He is currently a professor of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Connecticut.
Additionally, Dr. Southard is an associate professor with a lot of outstanding achievements. Currently, she works at the University of Kansas. Two of them are the ones we should be thankful for having written this book.
While the title unquestionably implies that this is a handbook, it’s no way an object we can hide in a pocket without anybody noticing it. Actually, this book is a very heavy object and consists of 2272 pages.
In 2018, it was McGraw-Hill that first printed and sold this product to the market. It soon reaches a large audience and get many readers. To this day, it’s surely still one of the best books in the area of chemical engineering.
- Publisher : McGraw Hill; 9th edition (August 29, 2018)
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 2272 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0071834087
- ISBN-13 : 978-0071834087
- Item Weight : 9.13 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.9 x 2.8 x 11.1 inches
Where to Buy
You should not be concerned about not being able to obtain this book. Not only does the agency still publish it, but you can also purchase it from different places. The first option is your favorite bookstore. However, a small bookstore might not sell it.
The second option is the online shops. There are numerous online shops such as Amazon, AbeBooks, WorldCat, and others. In general, this learning material will only cost you $165 for the new hardcover version and $134 for the e-book version.
Book’s Forms and Link Download
As mentioned, Perry’s Chemical Engineers’ Handbook Ninth Edition has different forms. There are hardcovers, electronic textbooks, and paperbacks available. Generally, the paperback is the cheapest one. It will only cost you around $132.
The availability of various types of book forms is actually advantageous to readers. Those who want to read this work on their mobile phone, might want to consider buying the e-book. But if you don’t want to see a digital screen most of the time, you can take the paperback or the hardcover one.
The free download link of this book can be searched on the internet page. Google and Bing through its search engines provide a large collection of information about free books in PDF, Mobi and epub formats.
Amazon released a digital book format called Kindle. To get it, you have to buy on the Amazon store link.
Finally, according to the explanation above, we can conclude that Perry’s Chemical Engineers’ Handbook 9th Edition offers quality surpassing others in the same field. That’s why you should not feel hesitant to get this extensive work.