If you are looking for a book that will provide you with complete information about drug administration, you should take a look at Calculate with Confidence 8th Edition PDF, eBook, and free download. Here are some key points you should know about this book.
As a clinician, you need to learn how to calculate drugs and administer them safely. Well, this book provides adequate information for that. This book will teach you three methods that will help you calculate the dosage of drugs, including ratio and proportion, dimensional analysis, and formula method. You will also be able to see step-by-step instructions that will help you administer the drug safely to patients in a simplified way.
About the Author
Deborah Morris, the author of this book, is a professor of Nursing in the Department of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences at the Bronx Community College in New York. She managed to write a popular text that will help you understand drug administration in a fun and engaging way.
Who Should Read this Book?
You should certainly consider getting this book if you are a clinician, specifically a nurse. Since nurses need to know how to calculate and administer drugs properly, reading this book will be significantly helpful. Nursing students will also benefit from reading this book.
Publisher: Elsevier; 8th edition (October 26, 2021)
Publication date: October 26, 2021
Print length: 728 pages
Item weight: 3.25 pounds
Dimensions: 8.6 x 1.1 x 10.9 inches
Table of Content
Unit One: Math Review
- Roman Numerals
- Ratio and Proportion
Unit Two: Systems of Measurement
- Metric System
- Apothecary and Household Systems
- Converting Within and Between Systems
- Additional Conversions Useful in the Health Care Setting
Unit Three: Methods of Administration and Calculation
- Medication Administration
- Understanding and Interpreting Medication Orders
- Medication Administration Records and Drug Distribution Systems
- Reading Medication Labels
- Dosage Calculation Using the Ratio and Proportion Method
- Dosage Calculation Using the Formula Method
- Dosage Calculation Using the Dimensional Analysis Method
Unit Four: Oral and Parenteral Dosage Forms, Insulin and Pediatric Dosage Calculations
- Calculation of Oral Medications
- Parenteral Medications
- Reconstitution of Solutions
Unit Five: Intravenous, Heparin, and Critical Care Calculations and Pediatric Dosage Calculations
21: Intravenous Solutions and Equipment
- Basic Intravenous Calculations
- Heparin Calculations
- Critical Care Calculations
- Pediatric and Adult Dosage Calculation Based on Weight
Where to Buy
You can buy this book on Amazon and Elsevier’s official website.
This book is available only in the paperback version. That is all you need to know about Calculate with Confidence 8th Edition and its incredible content.
Many have asked us about where to get digital versions in PDF, eBooks, Kindle. We recommend them to search the internet. Because usually, many internet users want to share.
However, not all books in PDF form are complete. Often found the contents are incomplete. For those of you who want to read this book in full, it is recommended to buy it.