Brain Injury Medicine 3rd edition, pdf, ebook, and free download by Douglas I. Katz keeps being the key core textbook in the field. This book comes as a clear, comprehensive guide for brain injury professionals by bringing together evidence-based medicine and years of collective author clinical experience.
About Third Edition
Brain Injury Medicine is a comprehensive and clear guide to all aspects of the management of traumatic brain injury, from early diagnosis and evaluation to the post-acute period and rehabilitation. This book focuses on treatment and assessment of the broader variety of clinical issues that patients with brain injuries face. It discusses a lot of associated problems, such as life-care planning, legal issues, ethical issues, and epidemiology, making it an essential reference for doctors and other health care professionals who work with patients with brain injury.
Written by more than 200 experts from all involved disciplines, Brain Injury Medicine 3rd edition consists of 12 new chapters and expanded coverage in key areas of neuro-recovery, pathobiology, neuropharmacology, disorders of consciousness, sports concussion, special populations, and more. The text addresses the overall practice of brain injury medicine, including acute care, biomechanics, and neural recovery, public health and research, motor and musculoskeletal problems, neuropharmacology and alternative treatments, post-trauma pain disorders, and more.
About the Author
The authors of the third edition of Brain Injury Medicine are more than 200 authors, one of them is Douglas I. Katz. Douglas I. Katz is a doctor of the Department of Neurology at Boston Medical Center and Encompass Health Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital. He is also a professor of neurology at Boston University School of Medicine. Graduated from Stony Brook University School of Medicine, Katz has served as a medical director of the Brain Injury Program at Encompass Health Braintree Rehabilitation Hospital for more than 35 years.
The third edition of Brain Injury Medicine was released on September 1st, last year. Consisting of 1500 pages, this book is a great reference for those who work with patients with brain injuries. It offers the most complete and contemporary review of clinical practice standards in the field. It promotes a multi-disciplinary approach to a complex condition by considering emerging topics and the latest clinical advances.
Table of Contents
Part I. Perspectives on Clinical Care, Public Health, and Research
- Systems of Care and Natural History of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury Care: Historical Perspectives
- Health Policy: United States and International Perspectives
- International Systems of Care and Research Agendas
- Education, Training, and Certification for Health Care Providers
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities Accreditation for Brain Injury Programs
- Conducting Research in Acquired Brain Injury: Current Concepts and Issues
- Traumatic Brain Injury Epidemiology and Public Health Issues
- Primary Prevention
Part II. Biomechanics, Pathophysiology, and Neural Recovery
- Biomechanics of Brain Injury
- Pathobiology of Traumatic Brain Injury
- Neurological Biomarkers: The Future of Diagnostic Medicine in Traumatic Brain Injury
- Concepts of Central Nervous System Plasticity and Their Implications for Recovery After Brain Damage
- Therapeutic Approaches for Experimental Brain Injury
Part III. Neuroimaging and Neurodiagnostic Testing
- Structural Neuroimaging
- Functional Neuroimaging
- Electrophysiological Techniques
Part IV. Prognosis and Outcome
- Prognosis After Moderate to Severe Traumatic Brain Injury: A Practical, Evidence-Based Approach
- Neuroimaging Correlates of Functional Outcome
- Functional Assessment in Traumatic Brain Injury
- Life Expectancy and Wellness
Part V. Acute Care
- Prehospital Assessment and Care
- Critical Care
Where to Buy?
You can buy the third edition of Brain Injury Medicine in the nearest bookstore or online. You can buy this book on Amazon, Target, Walmart, and online bookstores. Are you interested to buy Brain Injury Medicine 3rd edition?
Edition PDF Free Download
Lots of people buy printed books to know the contents of this book. But not a few have those who are looking for digital book editions. One of the sought-after digital books is a PDF that can be read with the acrobat reader application.
You can also find digital types other than PDF for free download. Call it EPUB, DOC and Kindle made from the company Amazon.
If you’ve spent time looking for a digital version of a book and can’t find it, then it’s a good idea to head to a bookstore for a print edition.